As anyone who has ever owned a house knows, no two contractors are the same, and this matters when you have a problem you want to solve as soon as possible, as efficiently as possible, and as cost-effectively as possible. Hiring a good HVAC company versus a bad one is the difference between doing a little research or, of course, not doing it.
So how do you ensure the HVAC company in Bellingham, Massachusetts, you hire is indeed a well-respected HVAC company — one you’ll be happy to call back or recommend to friends and family? Here are five guiding tips to help.
Guiding Tips for Hiring an HVAC Company in Bellingham, Massachusetts
1. The Search. Conduct a quick search online for “good HVAC companies in Bellingham MA” or other similar search terms. Write down the top 5 to 10 companies you find.
2. Excellent Reputation. Your Google results may have resulted in Google reviews, but you should also check the Better Business Bureau, which provides a rating and indicates how many official complaints there have been and if they were resolved satisfactorily. You may also want to check Angie’s List, which lists bona fide, recommended companies.
3. Certification.You want to hire an HVAC company that has technicians who are qualified to do the work. Certification like North American Technical Excellence (NATE) can offer some assurances.
4. The Call. Pick a few of the best companies and contact them. Find out if they belong to any professional associations, which could indicate that — in a world where technology is constantly changing — the HVAC company stays up to date.
5. The Visit. You never want to hire someone who offers a quote before seeing your HVAC system. The company should send someone to survey the home first and then provide an estimate.
If you need an HVAC company, it doesn’t have to be a lot of work to find a reputable, trusted HVAC company in Bellingham, Massachusetts. Just do a little research beforehand, and then you should be set to hire the right HVAC company for you.