Besides ensuring your home’s heating and cooling functions, it is important to check whether or not you need a sump pump. Sump pumps save time, effort and money dealing with mold and water in your basement.
Here are 10 significant reasons you should consider sump pump installation to complement the plumbing in your home.
- Keep Your Basement Dry: A pipe attached to a sump pump pushes water that has seeped into your basement to the outside, helping keep it dry.
- Warning Signal: When water levels get too high, a higher-end variant of sump pump synced to your phone can actually alert you to the danger of flooding so a pro can be called in to fix the plumbing.
- Water Table Build Up: Water build up can happen even without rain if the water table around your home is high. A sump pump installation can help your plumbing stand up to the conditions and keep your basemen or crawl space dry.
- Retain Soil Integrity: By moving the subterranean water away from your basement, a sump pump cuts the hydrostatic pressure on the home’s foundation and stabilizes the soil.
- Avoid Mildew or Mold: Water accumulation and moisture are prime breeding ground for mold and mildew. Sump pump installations help homeowners get around this.
- Easier to Sell: If you live in a region prone to water seepage, or with a high water table, having a sump pump in addition to regular plumbing can allay concerns of buyers.
- Boost Market Value: Since a sump pump can help strengthen the soil structure and protect the foundation, it will help up its value against other homes in the area that don’t have a sump pump in their plumbing, heating, and cooling list.
- Drain Assistance: If your home sees regular water accumulation in the basement or low lying areas, and the water doesn’t drain away on its own, you could use a sump pump.
- Save Time and Effort: Some homeowners have spent 2 to 3 days clearing out water each time a couple of inches came in. A sump pump’s float activator or pressure sensor helps auto start the pumping when water levels rise.
- Rid Large Quantities of Water: If the volumes of water you experience during the rains are too much to cope with manually, you will need plumbing equipment that acts fast.